- What? Not even a greeting message? I should give it up. hack, hack, hack
- Oh, wow, it gives a message "Button Power ON"! Too bad it hangs afterwards. hack, hack, hack
- Ha! got it up to the Forth bootstrapping, too bad I have no prompt. hack, hack, hack
- Yes! The Forth is with me, there finally is the "ok " prompt. Too bad it sees no devices. hack, hack, hack
- Woo-hoo, OBP sees a disk controller! Why doesn't it see the disks? hack, hack, hack
- Aha, there are my disks. Can I boot Solaris, please? Hrm, no. Can I boot anything? No?!? hack, hack
- Ok, now it's properly initialized. Well, properly enough to boot SILO, and yes, it's stuck at ufsboot just like the sparc32 version did.
- Ta-da! Finally I see something new:
Copyright 1983-2008 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Use is subject to license terms.
- But wait, didn't I see it with OpenBIOS?!? Yes, I did. In fact all the 64 bit SPARC operating systems I tried so far go a little further with OpenBIOS.
- So, can OBP on qemu-system-sparc64 do anything the OpenBIOS can't?!? No?!? (because badly documented missing devices, probably necessary just for OBP, are badly hacked by me). I should give it up. :-)
Does anyone have a Martux 0.2 image? It used to be available on the authors site, but seems to be gone, leaving just the check sum files. The file I'm looking for is