- [SparcStation-20] 0xef8010000 DBRI, 0x9000X00X FCode SIMMs. Same problem here.
AFX, DBRI and FCode SIMMs can be implemented as stubs. Yet better would be if SBUS probing would do a proper fault. This devices are optional.
Solaris 2.5.1 - 7 have problems with
- interrupt handling. Due to errors in irq handling, the boot takes ~7 Hours. Working on it.
- MMU (?). Solaris tries to access memory after translation failed. Actually Debian/linux has similar problems, but it ignores traps, while Solaris doesn't.
- MMU (?). The message "hsfs_putpage: dirty HSFS page" means that a page was modified, although it wasn't supposed to. May have to do with the cacheabilty tweaking.
- [SparcStation-20] PAC. Solaris hangs where it would normally say that physical address cache is enabled.
Additionally Solaris 8-9 have problems with
- Spurious interrupts.
Nice to haves:
- The ability to send STOP-A to the serial console. Would greatly help to use Solaris kernel debugger (kadb) when the kernel hangs.
- Network boot. Looks like something which can easily be fixed. Currently it fails with the message
Internal loopback test -- Wrong packet length; expected 36, observed 64
Last updated on 15.12.2009.