Saturday, November 14, 2009

The World's fastest broken SS-5

Fixed a bug in the IRQ routing and now I have a machine gun, ho-ho-ho the World's fastest [broken] SparcStation-5! According to the Solaris 2.6 and Solaris7 output, it's faster than 1 GHz:

cpu0: FMI,MB86907 (mid 0 impl 0x0 ver 0x4 clock 1083 MHz)


Remember, last week I told that after fixing the performance problems I'm going to get back in the XXI century? Well, I lied. I did another quick stop in the past:

WARNING: clock gained 3987 days -- CHECK AND RESET THE DATE!


Guess, which OS is it?



Yes, NetBSD 1.3.3 is bootable after this patch too! Actually all the versions between 1.3.3 and 1.5.3 are bootable, and even with OpenBIOS.

According to the chipset documentation, interrupts are cleared by disabling and then re-enabling them, not by disabling them as it was done in qemu before.

No comments: